Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Rebecca Berto: Being Kalli

Rebecca Berto

Series: Kalli

Book One: Being Kalli

Synopsis:

Kalli Perkins makes it a habit of shutting her mouth, except to please a guy. She would say she goes off like a starved animal in bed, but Kalli doesn't have sex in beds. She does it in hallways, in parks, in parties. She comes as a package deal.
Great sex. No strings attached. Never alone together; always in public.
One night at a party, Kalli makes a bet with her friend, Nate, that could change everything. But she didn't count on him. Nate's very capable of satisfying her, not only under her clothes, but in her heart, too.
She just doesn't know it yet.

December 7, 2013
 
Review:

This book wasn't at all what I expected it to be about. I definitely thought it would have more erotic scenes but it didn't; which isn't a bad thing, just not what I was expecting when I read the synopsis and saw the cover of the book. This book is about a girl, Kallisto aka Kalli, who was sexually assaulted as a young girl by one of her mom's boyfriends. She has never really gotten over how she felt after that and has never been able to be alone with a guy in a room. This is why she chooses to have sex with guys in public places. She knows there is a chance that she could get caught and it can never turn how horribly wrong. She has grown up with Nate and Scout as her best friends. Never really thinking of Nate as much more than that. Yes, they make out sometimes when they are drunk, but it has never led to anything else until one night when they make the bet. Kalli ends up winning the bet, but it may come at a cost she isn't willing to pay. When she finally realizes that what she feels for Nate is more than friendship, she does the one thing she has always down and messes it up. She doesn't know why she does it, but then she starts to realize she has no reason to fear being with Nate. She has always loved Nate.
This story didn't go the way I had expected it to go from everything I had seen about it, but it was still a good read. I'm interested to see what else the series will have to offer. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this story though. I don't think I was blown away by it, but I didn't hate it. Like I said, I think I have to see where the series will go to know how I truly feel about it all.



Other Books in series have not been released and not sure what the names are. Will update when more information is known.

No comments:

Post a Comment