Friday, December 20, 2013

Karli Perrin: April Showers and April Fools

Karli Perrin

April Showers

Synopsis:

What happens when your head and your heart pull you in completely opposite directions?
April Adams is about to find out the hard way.
When April enrols at Manchester University, it feels like a whole new life. New city, new house, new friends...new crush.
Isaac Sharpe is the hottest guy on campus - with an even hotter reputation. After a chance meeting, April quickly finds herself wrapped up in all that he is. But what if all that he is isn't what it seems?
Caught up in a battle between what she wants and what she thinks she needs, April meets Lukas Roberts. Lukas is the security blanket that she craves so desperately and she finds solace in their friendship. But what happens when she finds more than she bargained for?
April has always been a big believer of fate, but will she learn that she's in control of her own destiny before it's too late?
Join April as she embarks on a life changing journey of love and loss, which will have you laughing and crying until the very end.



June 12, 2013 

Review:

I wasn't sure what to expect when I read this book. I had seen a lot of people commenting on it on GoodReads, but wasn't sure if it was something I would be interested in. I ended up getting it a few months back, but never read it. I was going through my Kindle library looking for something to read and stumbled upon it. I thought "What the heck?" and started reading it. I wasn't able to put it down. I think I read the book in 3 hours. It's a classic tell. A girl that is torn between what is right and what her heart is telling her.
April knows that she has an instant attraction to Isaac, but when she finds out that he is her tutor; she knows that she shouldn't pursue a relationship with him. Lukas is the cute boy next door type that you easily get along with. He is easy to be around and you automatically love him. April decides he is the safer choice for her career and her heart, even if every night she has to fight that heart. It isn't until Lukas tells her his secret that is so wrong that April gives in to what her heart is really wanting. That is when all hell breaks loose.
I instantly fell in love with this book. I loved all the characters and the chemistry that they had together. I hadn't realized it was a two-part story and as soon as I was finished I had to purchase the next book. It was just as riveting. Look forward to more from Karli Perrin.





April Fools

Synopsis:

Love. Hate. Fear. Fate.
All four letter words.
All consuming.
Naked to the eye, they have the power to control the heart and destroy the soul.
April Adams is about to experience them like never before.
When everything in April's life goes up in smoke, she is faced with some life changing decisions.
Join April as she continues her journey of love and loss.
 
December 11, 2013
 
Review:

I hadn't realized when I purchased April Showers that it was going to be a two part book, but as soon as I had finished it I had to purchase April Fools. I read this book in like an hour. I just simply could not put it down. After learning of the fire set to April's home, I was curious to know who it was. I had a sneaking suspension of who it was, but I wanted it confirmed. I also wasn't sure what April would do whenever Lukas got better. I didn't know if she would go back to him out of guilt or carry on a relationship with Isaac.
This book did seem a bit rushed. It was like it just wanted to tell you who had set the fire right away and get it over with. Then allow you to know where life took April and Isaac. There were some things in the book that I don't exactly know how they fit in. I'm not sure if Karli has written other books that play off of April's story or not (guess that is something that I should check into).
I would definitely recommend this book, but mostly just because you have to know why and how things happened in April Showers. I think if this book happened to be a stand alone; it wouldn't be nearly as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment