Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lilliana Anderson: Drawn

Lilliana Anderson

Series: TBA

Book One: Drawn

Synopsis:

From the best-selling author of the Beautiful Series, comes Drawn, a powerful tale of a relationship that rides the edge of hate and love and everything in between. 
Have you ever felt so drawn to someone, that you will put up with anything to be with them? That’s how I feel when I’m around him. 
Most of the time, I want to hate him. I want to stay as far away from him as possible. He’s so cocky, and arrogant. And he gets in the way and tells me what to do. He’s all things that I normally detest in a man. But, when we’re alone… I can’t even think for myself – the pull is that intense. 
I know I should run, I know I should stay away. But I can’t. I don’t know if I’m strong enough. 
What do you do when you just can’t stay away? Even when you know you should…

Review:

--Received an ARC for an honest review--

I did not know what to expect when I received this book. I have not read anything by Lilliana Anderson yet. I have a few of her books on my TBR list for Good Reads, but have not had a chance to read yet. I hadn't heard anything about this book until I saw her Facebook post to win an ARC.

When I started reading this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it, but then I really started getting into it. This story is pretty exciting. It is about this girl, Etta, who is finally getting to move out of her parents house. She has pretty much been under house arrest since the day her brother died, six years ago. On her 18th birthday, her father finally agrees that she can live close to uni. She heads out a week early to meet up with her friend, Aaron, so that he can help her find something to rent. When she arrives at his apartment complex, his "roommate" tells her that he is still out, but should be back soon. She ends up hanging out with him for a bit until she Aaron calls her asking where she is. She finds out that she has been in the wrong apartment the entire time. The guy she was hanging out with is Damien and he is a known ladies man and fighter. Etta knows that she should stay away, but she feels this weird connection towards him. She ends up finding out that he was friends with her brother and trains with her father at his gym. Etta and Damien end up starting a relationship that neither are able to explain. It's like they can't stand to be away from each other for longer than a few minutes. Etta starts realizing that this relationship is probably not healthy for her. She is acting different than her normal self, skipping classes, and bailing on her family and friends. Everytime she tries to get away from him, he ends up convincing her otherwise by distracting her with kisses. When Etta discovers something that she knows she is not ready for, she finally decides that it is time to end this relationship. She calls upon the only person that she knows that has been there for her since the beginning, Aaron.

The characters and story flow very well together. There were a few typos, but those are easily overlooked. This story covers a concern that many people wouldn't think is a serious issue. I feel that is a type of emotional abuse. Feeling trapped by a man that is stronger than you, and not having the confidence to leave him. I was very impressed with Lilliana Anderson's writing. I loved this story. I am excited to know what happens in the next story. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I will let you know that the epilogue is a doozy. I was not expecting this story to be a series. I thought it would be a stand alone. The epilogue is glimpse into the next book about what happens between Damien, Etta, and Aaron. I am very excited to see where it will go and how things will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment