Monday, November 25, 2013

About Me

Good morning everyone!
My name is Kayla. I am a mother, daughter, sister, and best friend. 
My love for books started at a very young age and has only grown since I have become older. 
My husband calls me a book-a-holic. Most people have their vices; mine just happens to be books. 
I guess in high school is where my obsession started getting really large. I have always believed that I have a very active imagination, but only relates to books. I can not write them, but when I read, I can picture the whole thing as if I was the one living it. 
My friends and I started, I guess what you could call a "book club". We would all get together and read books. One of us would buy a book, then trade it off to the next person. We would alternate on who would buy the next book (since we were in high school, we didn't have a whole lot to spend on books). 
Once I got into college my reading died down because I had so much school work going on. I think the only series I really read was the Twilight Series and that was on Spring Break one year. 
Once I married my husband and we started a family, I began reading more. I would just go to our local library and check out whatever book would interest me. 
How I pick out a book is not how most people would be a good way to choose a book. First I look at the cover, if it doesn't capture my attention, I probably won't read it. The next is the title, it has to intrigue me. Finally, I will read the synopsis. If what the book is about is exciting, I will get the book. 
If the book is in the series, I don't care about the first two things. I will automatically get the book. (I have to know what happens for the rest of the story!!)
When my mom bought me a Kindle a year or so ago that is when I went off the deep in (so my husband says). I think I have purchased over 300 books since owning that thing. 
I started it off by buying The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I had been wanting to buy her books since they were going to be doing a movie. I then started searching for authors that were similar to E.L. James because I had fallen in love with Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. It started with Sylvia Day and has grown since then.
I have several favorite authors that I have grown to love. Ranging from several different types of genre. 
Those genres include: 
  • Paranormal Romance
  • Erotic Romance
  • Fantasy
  • Young Adult
I have been reading so much lately that I had an author suggest to me that maybe that I should start a blog. (I don't know if she wants to be mentioned so I will leave her name out of this.) I thought about it and thought "Hey, why not?" I read enough; mind as well do something about it. Maybe I can get other people interested in books the way I am or help authors out with my reviews of the books. 
And so here we are. With me starting a blog and giving you a little background information about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment