Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lauren Blakely: The Start of Us and The Thrill of It

Lauren Blakely

Series: No Regrets

Book One: The Start of Us

Synopsis:

I only wanted a tattoo. A mark on my body to remind me of who I used to be. Something to hold onto when I started my penance for all the things I'd done wrong, the bad choices I'd made by the time I turned nineteen. Instead, I found a night of possibility, of truth, of hope for the future. And the most intense physical connection I've ever had.
The only one I've ever had, and one I will never forget. 
Trey...
When she walked into my tattoo shop, I knew she was like me. Harley had secrets. She had a messed-up past, and things she wanted to run from, or forget ever happened. I couldn't let her go. So we agreed on one night - to spend it together wandering around the city, getting to know each other, the clock ticking because we knew tomorrow would bring an end to the possibility of an us.
Unless tonight was only the start.
How can one night be the start of something when tomorrow it has to end?

November 25, 2013

Review:

This is a very short story about the night that Harley meets Trey. I read The Thrill of It first and it seemed in that book that there was more to it then what this book describes. I understand that it was only one night, but it seemed like there was more to the story than what was said. With that being said, it was still a great story. I loved how they had that instant connection. Everybody has demons that they have to face and it was exciting to read how these two were dealing with theirs.





Book Two: The Thrill of It

Synopsis:

Some say love can be an addiction. Others say it's the thing that makes life worth living. Let me tell you everything I know about love...Love isn't patient, love isn't kind. Love is a game, a chase. A thrill. Love is wild and war-like, and every man and woman must fight for themselves. At least that's how it was for me. A high-priced virgin call girl by the time I started college, I was addicted to love and to sex. Even though I've never had either. I controlled love, played it, and held the world in the palm of my hands. Then I fell down from those highs, and I'm being blackmailed for all my mistakes, forced to keep secrets from everyone, except the only guy I don't regret.
Trey...
With all the other women, I knew what they were. They were temporary. They were pills, they were bottles, they took away all the pain, and numbed the awful memories that wore down my ragged, wasted heart. Until I met Harley. She's the only girl I ever missed when she walked away. But now she's back in my life, every day, and there are no guarantees for us, especially since I don't know how to tell her my secrets. What happened to my family. All I know is she's the closest I've ever come to something real, and I want to feel every second of it.
How can you love with no regrets when regret is all you know?

November 21, 2013

Review:

A steamy story about sex, power, blackmail, and love. I LOVE IT! These things are what make the movie. It was quite entertaining to read about a girl that was going to SLAA and was a virgin and she falls for a guy that has a thing for cougars and MILFs. It was a nice twist in the romance stories. Two people trying to fight their past to only be brought together in this peculiar environment. I was able to feel the emotions the author was wanting to portray through the characters. I laughed with them and I balled my eyes out. I was touched by this book. I look forward to finishing the series and reading others by her.





Book Three: Every Second With You


No Information Available Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment